We don’t have enough information about this sim to make a complete solution but here is some information from the candidates about this sim so far:
“NEW EIGRP non-config sim with 6 routers had 4 questions:
1. Why loopback interfaces’ networks from one router do not come to another one via eigrp? weren’t advertised by network command on the 1st router (sh run).
2. Why two routers cannot establish neighbor relationship? weren’t advertised by network command on the 1st router (sh run).
3. Which route will be used for packets to get to R1 from R5? R1 -> R2 (i didn’t have load balancing)
4. Why R1 cannot ping loopback interface IP address 10.5.5.55 on R5? address was not advertised on R5 by network subcommand (sh run).
The EIGRP non-config sim with 6 routers had 4 questions:
1. Why loopback interfaces’ networks from one router do not come to another one via eigrp? In my case an answer was because they weren’t advertised by network command on the 1st router (sh run).
2. Why two routers cannot establish neighbour relationship? The answer was mismatched K-values (sh ip protocols).
3. Which route will be used for packets to get to R1 from R5? The answer was that the packets will go R1->R2->R5 AND R1->R3->R5 with equal-cost balancing (sh ip route and you’ll see two possible routes to R5 with equal eigrp metric).
4. Why R1 cannot ping loopback interface IP address 10.5.5.55 on R5? The answer was that this address was not advertised on R5 by network subcommand (sh run).
EIGRP Sim 4 questions embedded.(6 routers and 2 switches). Know your show commands to troubleshoot EIGRP. K-Values, AS, Routing Table etc. Frame-Relay Sim was same concept as Dubai Sim but different locations. Again show commands and frame-relay show commands to troubleshoot
the new EIGRP SIM has similar topology to OSPF SIM with 6 Routers the one which is usually asked in ICND1.
1) R4 has loopback routes and these routes are not displayed in R6 — Summary was on
2) R1 cannot ping R5 x.x.x.x address — interface shutdown
3) Which path would R1 take to reach R5 — equal Successor routes
4) R4 and R5 cannot form neighbor relationship — R5 has passive interface enabled.”
Enter IOS commands on the Dubai router to verify network operation and answer four multiple-choice questions. THIS TASK DOES NOT REQUIRE DEVICE CONFIGURATION.
A new switch is being added to the River Campus LAN. You will work to complete this process by first configuring the building_2 switch with an IP address and default gateway. For the switch host address, you should use the last available IP address on the management subnet. In addition, the switch needs to be configured to be in the same VTP domain as the building_1 switch and also needs to be configured as a VTP client. Assume that the IP configuration and VTP configuration on building_1 are complete and correct.
The configuration of the router is not accessible for this exercise. You must accomplish the following tasks:
Determine and configure the IP host address of the new switch.
Determine and configure the default gateway of the new switch.
Determine and configure the correct VTP domain name for the new switch.
Configure the new switch as a VTP client.
Note: In the exam, you might be asked to use first, second… available IP address on the management subnet.
Answer and Explanation
A network associate is configuring a router for the weaver company to provide internet access. The ISP has provided the company six public IP addresses of 198.18.184.105 198.18.184.110. The company has 14 hosts that need to access the internet simultaneously. The hosts in the company LAN have been assigned private space addresses in the range of 192.168.100.17 – 192.168.100.30.
The following have already been configured on the router：
– The basic router configuration
– The appropriate interfaces have been configured for NAT inside and NAT outside
– The appropriate static routes have also been configured (since the company will be a stub network, no routing protocol will be required.)
– All passwords have been temporarily set to “cisco”
9tut.net company has decided to network three locations to improve efficiency in inventory control. The routers have been named to reflect the location: Boston, Frankfurt, Lancaster.
The necessary networking has been completed at each location, and the routers have been configured with single area OSPF as the routing protocol. The Boston router was recently installed but connectivity is not complete because of incomplete routing tables. Identify and correct any problem you see in the configuration.
Note: The OSPF process must be configured to allow interfaces in specific subnets to participate in the routing process.
You can download this lab and open with Packet Tracer here: http://www.9tut.net/download/OSPF_Sim_with_Solution.zip. Please say thanks to Renan who shared the files with us!
Answer and Explanation: